Can you believe it is already August?! As I get older, I honestly feel like time moves faster. Anyone else feel that way? It is crazy to think that fall is creeping its way in slowly but surely. Anyway, I have been in the travel mode this week. I spent the first half of the week in Northern Michigan and am packing up again to head west to Denver, Colorado for a long weekend. The mountains have been calling, so surely, we must GO!
Traveling brings excitement, a change of pace, and new experiences. However, it also challenges our eating and exercise habits. This post was influenced by my current travels along with a very great friend of mine who travels this wildly massive and beautiful world for work. She works for an organization called, BRAC USA — you should check them out. Their work impacts and empowers people who are living in ultra poor communities around the world. My dear friend wanted some ideas for healthy snacks while traveling.
The following 20 healthy and travel friendly snacks are items that you can find at your local grocery store and pack up easily. They do not take time to prepare – we will keep that for another blog post! For fruits and veggies, think firm, so they won’t get smashed!
Fruits – Fresh & Dried:
- Clementines or Mandarin oranges
- Dried Fruit Chips
- Golden Raisins
- Carrots – I personally enjoy organic whole carrots the best!
- Cut up Peppers – Green, yellow, red, orange – all or your favorite
- Snap Peas
- Broccoli Florets
Nuts & Seeds:
Other Tasty Snacks:
- Trail Mix – store bought or prepared, watch the ratio of nuts/dried fruits to chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, other sugary treats 🙂
- Combine Granola and Almonds – Bear Naked is our favorite brand
- Dried Cereal, Low Sugar – I love Peanut Butter Puffins Cereal
- Our Little Rebellion Bean Crisps – these are a great alternative to the classic potato chip. Crunchy, low ingredient list, all ingredients you can pronounce, and good source of protein
- Clean Granola Bar – Rx Bar, Larabar are examples of low ingredient list, clean bars
Happy travels and snacking! What are some of your go-to travel snacks? Leave a comment below, we would love to learn from you!
Disclaimer: We have no arrangements with any products or companies mentioned in this article. Just sharing information that might be helpful for others.