Do you ever find yourself hungry, but have no clue what you want or what your body needs for that matter?! You open the cupboard, then the fridge, and nothing looks exciting or nourishing. I have been there too many times to count on both hands. My go-to green smoothie has and continues to come to the rescue when I find myself in that position. I make a smoothie everyday, especially during these hot and humid summer months.
Smoothies are a great way to pack in the essential nutrients that your body needs on a daily basis. One challenge that I have always encountered is getting enough protein throughout the day. When I started making smoothies, I was determined to not only get my daily dose of fruits, but to also get a punch of protein. The next challenge was to find a plant-based protein source that I could trust and know exactly what I was consuming. This is when I came across, Bob’s Red Mill Pea Protein. I fell in love!
Last important component – the greens! I honestly don’t get enough dark green, leafy greens in my life, so my smoothies provide the opportunity to do so. I typically add a big handful of spinach or kale depending on what I have in the fridge. And look at the color it produces – GORGEOUS AND GREEN!!!
So, why is this smoothie my “go-to”? It is packed with plant-based protein, is an easy way to get my fruit in for the day, and filled with vitamins and minerals! Ready to make it?!
- 1 cup Frozen Mixed Fruit (my favorite: mango)
- ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill Pea Protein
- 1 cup Non-dairy milk
- 1 handful Kale or Spinach
- Dash of Cinnamon
- 1 Banana
- Additional ingredients I add depending on how I am feeling that day: chia seeds, ground flax, fresh fruit, avocado, fresh coconut cream, oats
Step by Step:
- Blend all ingredients together until combined and smooth in texture.
- Add more milk if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Transfer to a glass, and enjoy!