Summer is fading away much faster than I want it to. With back to school commercials I am trying to pack as much as I possibly can into my August calendar. I wanted to share an upcoming event that is fun for the whole family. The Siren Chase 5K run and walk held on August 14th and here are 5 reasons why you should grab a friend and try it:
5. You don’t have to be a “runner”. You can walk it if you want to.
4. It’s on a Tuesday night for those of you who aren’t “morning people”.
3. It will be held in beautiful East Grand Rapids and ending on the campus of Aquinas College with activities for the whole family at the end of the race.
2. It’s cheaper than most of the events I have participated in lately!
1. It will benefit the local Special Olympics chapter.
This would be a great place to start if you know someone who wants to participate in a low-key, fun environment that is for a good cause. Sometimes just getting a taste of an event like this, even if you are walking and pushing a stroller, is a great way to get the bug to do more just like them.